Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Pre-Emptive Strike on Valentine's Day


Debarquer – to show up

They say 80% of life is just showing up. They also say that life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. I’m sure the two are related somehow. It’s true that most of life is the mundane stuff. This is why I don’t understand why people attach so much importance on once a year things like anniversaries or once (or twice) in a lifetime things like weddings. It seems like once in a life-time thing should be an argument for its non-importance, not its importance. 


I know these kind of things are supposed to be symbolic, but that kind of symbolism is so easy to fake with enough money. Personally, I think whether or not someone cleans the disgusting glob of muss in the sink drain themselves every once in a while will effect my long-term happiness a lot more than flowers once a year (neither has happened, but you know, hypothetically). 

No comments:

Post a Comment